Sunday, October 21, 2007

Not so Silent Surprise!


I was awakened this morning around 5:30 am to a thunderstorm. I could hear the distant cracks and booms of a thunderstorm outside and then a really big BOOM! But what I was not prepared for was the SNOW! Yes that lovely 4 letter word - S*N*O*W!

We are prepared for just about any weather here in Colorado - heck it has snowed on the 4th of July once!

The saying goes "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes" This snow is a little bit early. So my morning of sleeping in with out children - they were at Grandma's - was interuppted by this loveley thunderstorm and mix of heavy snow. We were completely unprepared for this - our sprinklers are still on, my outdoor waterfalls still have water in them! So we had to scramble to get everything arranaged to "winterized" today. The flowers and plants will freeze and look oh so loveley by this weeks end and I am wondering just how I am going to do my outdoor pictures now that eveything has been "frozen"? The leaves will fall off quickly and the trees will be barren - ugh.
My daughter Malaina has snuck out the doggie door 2x today to get a "taste" of the white stuff. Even though I told her no because she is getting over a cold. I had to warn her about the yellow snow that we do not eat and this opened up a whole other topic of discussion!
So here is to "Mother Nature" whom is always full of silent and not so silent surprises! Bring it on!

No comments: