Sunday, August 19, 2007

Baby Bloopers


This weekend I got to throw my little sister a baby shower! And not just any baby shower, a "Couple's Baby Shower". Yes, I know the guys think it is a bit corny, but they are so much more fun and you can include so many more people that normally would not be invited. I promised my brother-in-law not too much pink and no games!

I had jsut laid my youngest down for a nap and I was busy setting up the drink table, arranging the drink glasses just so as I heard my daughter crying over the monitor....still not asleep. And she yells "poo poo", which normally means "mom I have a mess in my diaper I need changed". Now, let me take a step back, she is 21 months old and is by far from being potty trained but is beginning to grasp the concept. She knows what "it" aka "poop" is and does not like it sitting in her diaper. So if she has a mess during her nap she lets me know so I can come change her. Little did I know what surprise was waiting for me! Let's just say it looked something like this......


Curiosity got the best of my dear little angel. I imagine she tore off her uncomfortable diaper and got a bit curious at the mysterious contents and decided to play!

Well by now it was 3:15 and my house would be full of people at 4 and I still looked "Wheeza". Half the stuff that needed to be done was not ready, let alone neither of my girls had napped and both were crying! Just where did I leave that Calgon anyway? Thank god for my heavenly husband! I handed him our "candy" coated daughter and he took her straight to the tub while I cleaned up the nice mess she left me in the crib.

Everything worked out and the "shower" was a blast. Lots of pink booties and caps and even a fur coat! These sweet little outfits and soft blankies even make you think twice about a possible baby #3....I think it was the wine and a possible hormonal influx from my new bc pills. I know I am done having babies. I am 100% happy with my 2 sweet little angels. As for my husband, he is hopeful. He would love a boy to sport with and play football with and watch racing with, but statistically we would have a 25% chance of having a boy and I am not willing to roll those dice baby! I think that as the months roll by he will get used to the fact that estrogen rules in this house and Malaina will become his Nascar buddy - she loves to watch racing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful & amazing shower sista sue! I had no idea you wnt through all that (the poo incident) before it started!!! Thanks for being such a kind & caring sister & for being a great inspiration as to what the "perfect" mommy should be like :)