Thursday, August 16, 2007

End of the Season
















So we just got back from our last camping trip to the lake for the season - sniff sniff.


There is something to be said about the lake. I am not quite sure just what I love so much about it? Afterall, I don't really consider myself to be the "country girl" type nor am I on the other end of "high maintenance"....I guess I fall somewhere in between. Could it be the fact that there is no schedule to follow, phone or television? Could it be the constant question of "what time is it?" and no one really knows but someone yells out "It's 5'oclock somewhere"! Is it the fact that you can eat breakfast at 11am and lunch at 4 and have dinner in complete darkness by the fire at 9:30 if you want to? I am not really sure, but I do know that I love all these little quirks and "rules" you get to break when you go camping even though you have kids and a husband!








We had a great time 6 days of beautiful weather and hot sun! Malaina enjoyed toad hunting every night and we had to cut her off at 30-40 toads once her cage got full. She looks like a mad scientist with her head lamp on! She is a total princess but the tom-boy comes out at night for toad hunting and does not even mind the dirt and grime.



The canyons in Guernsey are beautiful! It is so nice just to sit on the front of the boat and cruise through the canyon and watch the beauty!



My husban Steve and I even went cliff jumping. I don't do this every year. It usually takes a few drinks to really get my inspired! I am really afraid of heights and believe me, it looks 2x as high once you get up there! You can't think about it because once you creep up and look over and start to contemplate you could be there for hours! I believe I may have taken my usual 10 minutes of judgment before taking the ultimate plunge!






So with that I will leave you with this beautiful beach sunset!











2 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

Ok, I am jealous now. lol. I love the pictures! Don and I used to work at Lake Powell in Arizona and you are right, the canyons are breathtaking! Thank you for sharing Amy! Love your little frog hunter too! hehe.
Lesa

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Wow! I want to vaction there! BTW I have a little frog hunter of my own - maybe our two should meet. Shelley