Saturday, August 25, 2007

A week of "Firsts"...





This week we had a lot of "firsts" as they call it....
Malaina had her first day of Kindergarten and finished out her "first" official week just fine! She also had a fall on our playard in the backyard and now has her "first" and hopefully last cast. Here she is posing in her new Ariel mermaid outfit that she picked out as a result of mommy and daddy's sympathy shopping spree!

Savannah actually decided she too wanted to posed for the camera. This definitely is a "first". I am always chasing and poking and prodding to get the perfect shot, but just this once she announced that she actually wanted to "strike a pose" for mommy.

As for me, I have actually began to understand my camera and how all the little gadgets and gizmos work and what I can do with them. I took some shots of our flowers in our garden and got some good shots.....this is my "first". My first outdoor picture I actually think looks pretty darn good!



I often play dress up with my girlies and oh do they love to make-up mom! The end result is an array of colors and smudges and I "ooh" and "aah" at the mirror to their hearts content. It usually takes me awhile to wash off the dark cherry red lipstick and blush from my face. The hairspray is so think I feel as if glue has been dumped on my head! After begging and pleading Malaina convinced me to take a picture of myself. If anyone knows me, this is another "first" for me and I will leave it at that.....

3 comments:

Willow Tree said...

ROFL looks like you have an aspireing make-up artist in the family....way to funny.LOVE IT!
Brooke

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Poor Malaina! How the arm is on the mend. And BTW love the bow in your hair! Where can I get me one of those, lol. Shelley

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

Aw, give Malaina hugs, what a trooper! and Amy, your makeup is just gorgeous! I have looked like that a couple of times but usually after a late night out. lol.
Lesa